Dear Valued Customers,
We will begin taking reservations for the 2024 sailing season on January 22, 2024 at 8:00 A.M.
Many of you have made reservations on the first day in the past and have experienced long phone wait times. We greatly appreciate your patience and persistence. You may get a busy signal for a long time, but rest assured, we will be here trying to take your calls as quickly as possible. If a spot does fill up before you are able to book your desired time and dates, we do have a stand-by list and you can read more about that process on our website. There are also vehicle rentals and you can send your vehicle to or from the Island without you and still travel as a passenger during your desired time and your vehicle will catch up with you.
We will be staffing every phone line in Charlevoix and the line in the Island office as well. Every staff member this year has had at least a full year of making reservations with us and the new system. We have been continuously improving our new reservation system to make the process as smooth and as quick as possible and will continue to do so.
We experienced a large number of conference calls and Multi-Vehicle/Multi-Date reservations last year. We understand that when you do get through you want to try to book all of your reservations for the year and book for friends and family members, but that simply isn’t fair to every customer. These types of calls cause longer than normal reservation delays for us and other customers.
As a general guideline and in the interest of fairness we reserve the right to only allow callers to:
·Make a reservation for themselves only and for no more than two vehicles per reservation.
·Make only one reservation for one trip per phone call
It is very important that you have the following information available when making your reservation: (returning customer information maybe in the system, but it is still a good idea to check contact information and update any changes)
- Departure Dates (see schedule for boat times) NOTE departures from Charlevoix on Yellow days has changed to 12:00pm
- Mailing Address, phone number (email if available)
- Make of the vehicle
- Model of vehicle
- Year of vehicle
- Exact length and height of the vehicle/trailer if there is anything attached to vehicle making it longer or taller (car topper, bike rack, etc.)
- Telling us it is the same vehicle you brought last year unfortunately is not helpful as you may have multiple vehicles on your account.
- Reservations for outside the peak season do not necessarily need to be made the first day.(for October for instance you could wait a few days to call)
We are already anxious to start running again and can’t wait to serve you this year.
Happy New Year